Monday 13 August 2012

Nick Willis

  For homewok this week we have to writea recount about a NZ athlete who competed in the olympics, we must write it in their perspective and on the race/event that they competed in.


Here is my recount on Nick Willis:


  READY! SET! BANG! Adrenalin rushed through my body as the sprung off the starting block. Left right left right, my legs were starting to explode with power. The runners beside me were slowly moving backwards, in the margain of a few seconds I went from last to fourth.

  The first and second lap went fairly quickly, but now my leg were starting to feel like jelly. I tried to keep my place but iI was only falling behind, at least I was not the only one. The two Kenyans were falling behind too. On the final lap instead of moving foward I was moving backwards. My pace was falling apart and I could hardly find enough air in my lungs. All chance of winning a medal was gone, I was gutted but I had to finish this race.

  At 100 meters to go, I was comming nineth the Kenyans comming last. At the end I knew that I had not run a very good race and that that first, second and third had just run a better race than me. When photographers and reporters crowed around me I wished for them to go away and let me suffer in silence, but, then again I had to at humble to my defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment